A continuation of my love affair with Hershey's Kisses.....
When I discovered Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses in the grocery store, you can imagine how excited I was to find, sitting in the next display, Cookies 'n' Cream Hershey's Kisses (yay!). They were begging to be bought and used...who was I to say 'no'?
I used a similar recipe as with the Candy Cane Hershey's Kiss Chocolate cookies...however instead of using peppermint extract, I finely chopped up some Oreo's, in order to tie the flavour of the Cookies 'n' Cream Hershey's Kiss into the cookie batter.
And as I did with the Pumpkin Spiced Hershey's Kiss cookies and the Candy Cane Hershey's Kiss Chocolate Cookies, I baked these cookies in a mini muffin pan so they would retain a better shape when the Cookies 'n' Cream Hershey's Kiss was placed in the middle.
Here's the recipe....
Cookies 'n' Cream Hershey's Kiss Chocolate Cookies
(Makes 5-6 dozen cookies)
1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
5-10 Oreo Cookies, finely chopped
1 bag Cookies 'n' Cream Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
(1) Place unwrapped Cookies 'n' Cream Hershey's Kisses in freezer (this ensures that they retain their 'Hershey's Kiss shape')
(2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
(3) In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside
(4) With an electric mixer, on medium speed, cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until lightened in colour
(5) Reduce speed to low and gradually mix in dry ingredients until thoroughly combined
(6) Fold finely chopped Oreo's into batter
(7) (this is where it gets a little messy) Using two spoons, drop approx. 1/2 tablespoon of dough into a non-stick mini muffin pan (I do one mini muffin pan at a time, but if you have more then one pan, feel free to do more)
(8) Bake for 12-15 minutes (do not over-bake, otherwise cookies won't be chewy)
(9) Take Hershey's Kisses out of freezer; Remove baking pan from oven, immediately press Hershey's Kiss in middle of cookie
(10) Cool 10 minutes on baking pan; transfer to racks to cool completely.
I can't wait to continue with my discovery of new types of Hershey's Kisses. I hear that there is a Hershey's Kiss filled with Cherry Cordial Creme...!